Wednesday, July 21, 2010

TRIP TO VIKKI'S!!

Well, I 'm back from my trip up to PA to visit Vikki Clayton! It was wonderful! I took lots of pictures, which I will post later on today.

We left about 6:00pm on Wednesday evening and stayed that night in Bristol, VA. Then went the rest of the way up on Thursday. We got to the hotel about 5:00pm. Absolutely gorgeous country up through Virginia, but I-81 is LONG!

Friday morning we went to Lancaster to visit the Quilt Museum and the architecture of some of the buildings is just amazing. We went through the market next to the Visitor's Center and Oh My what a market. We left there about 2:00pm and headed to Hershey Park for the evening. We did the Hershey World tour and tasting. I have to tell you though, the tasting is WAY over priced for 5 little bitty pieces of candy.

Saturday, Sarah, my daughter, and I went up to Vikki's place and I made the mistake of going over Gold Mine Road. We have some treacherous mountain roads here in north GA, but that one scared me to death. Anyway, we got to Vikki's, after several wrong turns, and the place is amazing!!!! I love old buildings and this place is a goldmine! Not only does it have Vikki and all the walls of her lovely silks, but it has lots of character, too!

Karen Bugg brought "Mette" in all her glory and she is beautiful in person. There were lots of great stitched items there! I was just amazed! Sarah decided she wanted to try painting some fabric, so Lynn showed her what to do and I have to tell you the piece turned out gorgeous and she's excited. Vikki and Lynn taught her how to do a few silk ribbon stitches and she fell in love with all the ribbon, so she came home with a bunch of that and her painted fabric. She's a happy camper! She says she's going to do a piece and send it up next year for the exhibit. I really hope she does.

Me, I came home with one of Vikki's boxes, large piece of 32ct Jackelope linen and a few silks. The box was the main reason I went. I wanted one of those bad boys in the worst way. I'm doing a design for it and will send it back next year for the exhibit.

That's all for now, but will post my pictures later.

No comments: